Getting your car air conditioning serviced isn’t something that car owners think of, until it’s broken – but this is where they are going wrong. Really, car owners should make sure that their air conditioners are serviced professionally at least once a year.
Why your A/C system needs regular servicing
A regular servicing every year will extend the life of your air conditioning system by addressing any potential problems before they occur.
It’s important that this is done by a professional. Air conditioning systems contain refrigerant under high pressure which could cause injury if it’s not handled properly.
Essex’s Car Specialists
At Mercury Car Centre, we offer you the full range of service and repairs that you’d expect from a modern, well-equipped car air conditioning workshop.
Each of our skilled technicians have received specialist training in the servicing of all makes of air conditioning systems, and use the latest diagnostic equipment to ensure the job is done to the highest of standards.
Our standard A/C service routine:
- The vehicle is connected to the diagnostic equipment.
- Duct temperature and gauge pressures are checked against ambient temperature
- The refrigerant is recovered and weighed
- Receiver drier is replaced (we strongly recommend this should be changed every two years)
- The system is evacuated, dehydrated and recharged with correct amount of refrigerant and oil
- A leak test is carried out
- The system control functions – including clutch actuation, flap operation and thermostats – are checked to OEM specifications
- The drive belt tension, mounting bolts, condenser condition, drain hose, pollen filter and other relevant components are checked
Get in touch
If you are interested in our car air conditioning services, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with a member of our team – we’d be happy to help!